Harmonica Memories and Recordings
Top Menu Tabs
Use the menu at the top of the page to choose Blog posts about instrument types, music etc.
Search The-Archivist website and blog
Search for instruments, music or artists, or even Christmas.
- Walter Buchinger
- Toots Thielemans at 100
- A Tribute to Tommy Morgan (1932 – 2022)
- A conversation with Tommy Morgan by Phil Hopkins.
- Pre Harmonica Blues
- English Traditional Harmonica Players
- Art Daane – harmonica performer and collector
- Max Geldray
- Jim Hughes “Live @ Stratford (UK)”, 1983
- Dror Adler – The Classical Project
- Captain James Reilly, RMSM
- Back to the Future – Skiffle and Blues Harp (1956)
- THE HANDBOOK OF CHORD AND BASS HARMONICA
- Borrah Minevitch & His Harmonica Rascals
- Larry Adler
- Paul Butterfield Documentary
- John Bryan Harmonica Collector
- Norm Dobson (1929 to 2019) harmonica player
- Steve Jennings – Feb 1954 to Nov 2019 – a tribute
- HarpTalk Tumblr Blog
- Tommy Reilly – A Life in Music – Vintage Tommy Reilly.
- Charlie Leighton’s 65th birthday party, June 24th, 1986
- The Harmonicats 40th Anniversary Testimonial Concert 1981
- SPAH – The first 20 years
- Tommy Reilly – In his own words
- Larry Adler – In his own words
- Concerto Scherzoso – Graham Whettam – Setting the record straight
- Harmonica Music sur Cher 2017
- Homage to Toots – Steven De bruyn
- Toots’ Funeral – William Galison
- Toots and Jazz – Howard Levy
- Memories of an Old Friend: Toots – Rob Paparozzi
- Toots & me – Antonio Serano
- Remembering Toots – Adam Glasser
- Toots Theilemans Tribute – The Archivist
- Franz Chmel – 1944 to 2016 – The Archivist
- Stan Harper – 1921 to 2016 – a Tribute by Antonio Piana
- Stan Harper – 1921 to 2016 – The Archivist
- Tributes and Obituaries
- Popular Harmonica Recordings after 1962 – a personal choice
- Introduction to Blues on the Chromatic Harmonica by David Barrett
- Harmonica Christmas Stocking Fillers
- Blues Harps at Christmas
- Jazzy Harmonica Arrangements at Christmas
- Chromatic Harmonicas at Christmas
- Harmonica Groups at Christmas
- Harmonica Harry (Pitch) – 1925 to 2015
- Harmonica History in Books
- National Poetry Day 2015 – Blues Medicine – Hylda Sims
- National Poetry Day 2015 – Borrah Minevitch and the Rascals
- New Orleans, London, Memphis, Manchester… British Blues before the 1960s
- Fox and Goose, Ealing Jazz Club.
- Pat Missin’s Website
- Major Chromatic Harmonica Soloists.
- Cyril Davies – from Trad Jazz to the Rolling Stones
- Norman Ives’ Introduction to the Harmonica.
- Rare Early Blues Harp Recordings by Singers and Sidemen introduced by Joe Filisko.
- Rare Early Solo Instrumental Blues Harp Recordings introduced by Joe Filisko.
- Golden Age of the Harmonica on BBC Radio – 1950 to 1960
- Old Harmonica Favourites – Part 2 – Quartets, Trios, Duos and Soloists
- The Archivist’s Harmonica Archive Blog
- Old Harmonica Favourites – Part 1 – Quartets, Trios, Duos and Soloists
These blog posts include stories about artists, recordings and videos of harmonica music.
Some of the recordings on this site are taken from material in my very large collection of 78s, 45’s, vinyl, CDs, DVDs, cassettes and reel to reel tapes, VHS and other film and video tapes.